Wednesday 7 December 2011

tims 12 tags of christmas tag#4

well, still catching up but here we are with tag 4. Tims tag had a border of acetate along the side using one of the on the edge dies. I`ve left this bit out as I just don`t have a die suitable plus I loved my background so much I didn`t want to cover it all up. I used distress inks in weathered wood, iced spruce and evergreen bough from the winter set for my tag. I still haven`t yet purchased any distress stains so couldn`t use those. I then spayed a glimmer mist onto my fingers and flicked it onto the background - I was really pleased with the effect, splodges of glimmery loveliness. I then stamped arround in the edge with a Tim Holtz snowflake stamp in weathered wood. If I was really pleased with the background I have to say the reindeer has been less of a sucess. I don`t have any paint dabbers either or acrylic paint for that matter. I die cut my reindeer from grungepaper then painted over it with white watercolour paint but neat from the tube. I then covered that with the thick coat of rock candy. I left it overnight to dry, however, when I came back to it this morning some flakes have lifted off a bit. Don`t know if thats because I had used a layer of watercolour first ? Never mind, a few strategically placed sequins did the trick ! Now I just need to work out how to tackle the next day so see you soon x Lavinia

2 comments:

  1. this looks lovely and I bet it is even better for real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your catching up nicely there Vinny :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete