Tuesday 6 December 2011

tims 12 tags of christmas tag #3

Here we are with tag day 3 which was the quickest to complete once I had decided how I was going to do this one. Tims tag used a custom made ink pad made with cut and dry felt and a matching embossing folder for his word stamp. Well I don`t have that stamp or that embossing folder and realised it said cut and dry FELT not foam doh !. I nearly gave up at this point as I don`t have kraft cardstock either. However, I found some very thin corragated card in a box so that made my card base. I used three different colours of brilliance ink to stamp the word celebrate along the bottom, and used a Hero Arts stamp with merry christmas in all different languages along the top. I then ran the whole tag through a Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder. A button, hero arts paper holly leaves, red ribbon and crochet lace trim finished things off. I am quite pleased with how it all turned out in the end, very rustic which I don`t normally do. Is there anyone else reading this who is also playing along ? let me know so I can pop over and visit. x Lavinia

2 comments:

  1. Well done for improvising once again - love this tag. I made one yesterday but can't show it yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. I think you can use the cut n dry foam for the technique too. I just used some inkadinkado pigment ink pens and a marvy wet looks one. But an y markers work I think... :) I'm not rich so didn't want to use a huge chunk of my cut n dry up lol. It looks lovely you did well improvising!

    ReplyDelete