Tuesday 30 October 2012

First of all I must appologise for the distinct lack of activity on my blog. I don`t suppose my life is any more busy or have any more problems than others. However, truth be told I haven`t even felt like crafting lately. I thought when I did dip my toe back into crafting waters I would try the less is more challenge which you can find here This week is a sketch challenge using three squares. The only trouble with clean and simple however is that things never end up being that clean or that simple in my craft room Lol. This was my second attempt as the first was covered with inky fingerprints etc. I used stamps by Tim Holtz - Natures discoveries and distress inks in mustard seed, rusty hinge and brushed corderoy for the three panels. I only used part of each stamp image on each panel. The whole thing was then mounted onto a strip of black glossy card punched each side with a Martha Stewart border punch. I used a yellow card blank instead of white or ivory for a change. I really like the combination of bright yellow with the black. Now I just need to keep on stamping, its amazing how quickly you get out of the hang of doing things. x

4 comments:

  1. Your so right about the colour combination it looks wonderful Vinny :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamping... The yellow looks fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you crafting again Vinny. Keep going. Fabulous project. Love the colour combo. I get in a mess as well. You just finish something and then manage to put a great big inky thumb print somewhere!! LOL!
    Happy Halloween.
    Hugs, Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to blog land and crafting! Love this card - know what you mean about clean and simple mine often end up grubby and simple

    ReplyDelete