Monday 2 April 2012

artful times challenge

well, here we are again. So much for my good intentions of blogging far more regulary. I have not taken part in any challenges for ages especially since the just for fun challenge blog sadly closed. However, Von, Sam and Neet are back with a new challenge blog called artful times. The first challenge started on Friday and it was to make a tag. Seems to be all I manage to make lately what with the Alpha tag swap and Tim Holtz tag of the month ! I was at a bit of a loss which theme to use as there was not one specified. However, a look through my stamps soon gave an answer. The lady image is a paper artsy stamp set that I have had for ever but not used for ages. I stamped it then coloured in with copics. The background I tried out a new technique for me that I had seen on someones blog ages ago. Its a faux mother of pearl background, it doesn`t really show up in the scan but is really pretty in real life. I pounced white liquid pearls on a polythene bag onto a tag cut from glossy card. Once this was dry, I went over the tag with distress inks in victorian velvet, spun sugar and dusty concord. Its gives a lovely soft subtle effect. I didn`t want to go with traditional seaside colours for this, I was in a pink and purple sort of mood. The background shell stamps are from hero arts. I then stamped them again onto shrink plastic to make my embellishments at the bottom. I don`t use shrink plastic that often and don`t know why because it is fun to use if a bit scary ! Thanks for looking x Lavinia

5 comments:

  1. Your background sounds wonderful Vinny bet it really looks amazing IRL :) very pleased to have you join us in our first Challenge at Artful Times :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... thanks for introducing a new background to me. I love trying them out and I might just have the necessary stuff. I love your tag. I have that stamp too and it is a good one to use but with this background you have done it really does bring it to life.
    Love the colours, the image, the background - it's a lovely tag!
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag Lavinia, I like the sea shell stamps and the colours you've used. The background technique sounds good, I think I will have to try it. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in with our very first Artful Times challenge with your lovely seashells tag. Love the way you've used non-traditional colours for this and what a fab background, not heard of that technique before.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - love the idea of the background and that stamp is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete