Friday 26 August 2011

forgotten Friday


Firstly massive appologies for the total lack of activity on my blog recently. The weeks leading up to the end of term are always a whirlwind of activity especially as this was the last year of my eldest daughters primary school. She starts secondary school this September which is really scary as it only seems five minutes since she started reception class ! Plus I have been having the usual technical difficulties with cameras and scanners which I won`t bore you with.
Whilst my three were busy making salt dough yesterday I actually managed to sneak off and make a card. I would like to link it to Judiths blog over here Every Friday she makes a card or project using forgotten stash. You know those stamps that you just had to buy at the time or that must have thing that then gets sadly neglected when the next must have is bought ! My stamps are Paper Artsy hot picks (the text on the butterfly) and Wendi Vechi (the lady). I bought both these sets ages ago and have not used either of them before. I don`t know about forgotten stash though, its been so long since I last did any proper crafting I was worried I would have forgotten how to stamp Lol.
I used sunshine yellow alcohol inks on a glossy card for my background , then sponged mustard seed distress ink through the negative left from dyecutting a butterfly. I then overstamped the text with Ranger black archival ink. The lady was stamped onto glossy card with sunshine yellow alcohol ink as well then cut out and stuck to the front. I`m quite pleased with the results, yellow is not a colour scheme I would normally use but I like the contrast of that yellow with the black.
Thanks for looking x Vinny

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Lavinia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow and black work well on this card - good to see someone else entering Judith's 'forgotten' challenge. Seems we are all guilty of buying things and sometimes not using them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image of the lady, and the colours work well, very nice. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card Lavinia, and thank you soooooo much for joining in this week. It's such a nice surprise to see someone else joining in! I like to use yellow every now and again, it's not one of my usual colours, but I find that it cheers me up. I ought to use it more often, LOL! I love the lady stamp, it's a great image. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back Vinny. Hope you have had a good summer. Fab card.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, and nice to see someone else is joining Judiths Forgotten Friday challenge.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete